Becoming a Member of an industry body is an investment in your business future and the industry you operate within.
The role of the Surf & Boardsports Industry Association is to drive the vibrancy, growth and business opportunities for members and the industry we conduct our day to day business in.
Your Membership helps ensure the future strength and growth of the industry and the sports and lifestyles that we share our passion for.
Membership of the association consists of bricks and mortar retailers and the brands that sell through and support these retailers. As our membership needs are specific to our constituency, the association is not open to pure play online or vertical retailers or vertical brands.
Membership is specifically intended for and open to Manufacturers, Brands, Agents and Retailers that operates within the Surf or Boardsports Channel. Subject to SBIA Board of management approval membership is limited to;
- Retailers with a surf or boardsports lifestyle premise who sell recognised endemic industry brands through physical stores.
- Endemic surf and boardsports industry Brands and Manufactures whose primary sales channel is physical retail stores with a surf or boardsports lifestyle premise.
- Sales agencies that represent endemic industry Brands and/or Manufactures as above
The primary objectives of the association are:
- To assist and encourage Australian Surf and Boardsports retailers to operate profitable businesses and to improve standards of execution and presentation.
- To highlight and foster endemic industry brands developing better products for consumers and driving retail sales with outstanding marketing while providing excellent after sales service for both retailers and consumers.
- Showcasing and rewarding Australia’s best Surfing and Boardsport retailers and suppliers via the Australian Surf Industry awards.
To obtain a New Membership Application Form or Membership Renewal Form, please contact our Executive Officer Lyndall Browning email@example.com