AUSTRALIAN RETAILERS ASSOCIATION
MEMBERSHIP CAN SAVE YOU MONEY
There are a number advantages for businesses in joining a business chamber or retail organisation. Many of these include discounts on power and insurance as well as advice on employment relations and HR and WHS requirements.
One of the SBIA’s major partners is the Australian Retailers Association (ARA,) Australia’s peak retail organisation representing Australia’s $265 billion retail sector.
Whether you are one or two door retail operator or a multi-store business, ARA membership carries a number of benefits that can save you money and contribute to the overall success of your business. Some of these include:
– Free, uncapped Employment Relations telephone advice from legally qualified retail specialists
– ARA members also benefit from substantial cost savings with affiliated industry suppliers. From insurance, banking, office supplies and shop fit out to energy, marketing services and IT advice; ARA members always receive unbeatable member-only rates.
– Checklists and templates to ensure you have covered the individual/personal legal obligations of you and your management team.
– Advice on tenancy, consumer law and Workplace Health and Safety.
- Regular communications that keep you up to date with the retail environment, industry information and research.
– Retail training and education.
Membership also means you are backed by a body with significant political and commercial clout. The ARA is an incorporated employer body registered under the Fair Work Act 2008 and is the only organisation of its type to represent retailers in front of Fair Work Australia. The ARA advocates on behalf of its members, regularly lobbying government and media and it currently has a case before the Fair Work Commission (FWC) for a review of the General Retail Award. The ARA is pushing for a reduction in Sunday penalty rates from double time to the current Saturday penalty rates of time and a half that, if successful, will benefits the many 7-days per week surf retailers in our industry.
There is a range of membership levels available with the base single store membership fee at $477.95 and the fees are totally tax deductible.
For SBIA members, ARA are offering up to a 47% discount on their membership.
View the special ARA/SBIA rates here.
For more information contact the ARA on 1300 368 041 or visit the website at www.retail.org.au