Late last month the SBIA hosted key industry execs and retailers for our bi-annual “Executive Roundtable”. The meeting featured a keynote presentation from Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu’s National Leader of Retail, Wholesale & Distribution, David White covering the rapidly evolving Australian and global retail landscape.
The meeting also discussed a wide range of industry and SBIA topics ind opportunities, including:
- Alternative approaches to range showings and the need for “Salesman Samples”
- A check in on the transition to B2B ordering platforms, such as Brandscope.
- Who is still printing catalogues and when the industry will transition away from using them.
- Opportunities to align sell in periods for better retailer buying periods.
- SBIA investigating alternatives to single use plastic packaging for product deliveries to retail and developing a supporting sustainability certification framework.
- The SBIA Consumer survey and future shape and frequency of the survey.
- Additional opportunities for a deeper dive into internal industry surveys across a range of subjects.
- Research opportunities, both internally and externally, via partnering with a financial institution.
- The appropriateness of the SBIA 4 Pillars
- The value proposition and activities for paid membership for retailers.
The SBIA Board of Management, is grateful for the time, insight and feedback provided by the attendees:
- Adam Sharp, Rip Curl
- Alison Thomas, Volcom AU/NZ | SBIA Board of Management
- Andrew Lindsay, Coopers Surf
- Andy Ireland, Salt Bush Surf | SBIA Board of Management
- Anthony Wilson, Wilson Retail Co | SBIA President
- Damian Campbell, Boardriders | SBIA Secretary & Treasurer
- Dane O’Shanassy, Patagonia
- Geoff Backshall, Rusty
- Geoff Hutchinson, Backdoor NZ
- Glenn Callegari, Hillzeez
- Jason Ang, Hurley
- Jevon Le Roux, Surfstitch
- John Mossop, Vissla (Stokehouse)
- Lachlan Farrren, Ozmosis
- Mark Hudson, Dragon Alliance | SBIA Vice President
- Michael Di Scascio, Strapper Surf
- Neil Ritchie, Alto Sports | SBIA Board of Management
- Shane Partington, Leisure Collective
- Vincent Kennard-Davis, Folklore
The next Executive Roundtable Meeting will be set for November, 2019. Stay tuned!